Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas with the Rowley's

Like every year I got to SLC for Christmas. This year I was able to go for 18 blistful days. We spent the first part in WJ with my family and the second half with Ty's family up Ogden canyon. Most of these pictures are taken on Christmas eve. We had 16 nieces and nephews there so the gift giving got a bit crazy. All the kids were so excited to give/receive their gifts from their cousins. As a kid Christmas Eve was one of my most favorite nights. We always had a big dinner with the whole family and my Uncle Art's family. We would do the gift exchange, read the Christmas Story in Luke, and watch movies. Misty and I would usually sleep int the same room and talk about all the things we hoped we'd get for Christmas. The building excitement for seeing the Christmas Tree all lit up and all the gifts under the tree. My parents always tried to make Christmas seem magical, and it was.


Cindy and Boston



Boston


Mike and Boston



Kids and their gifts.


Me & Brandon.





Cindy and Bree.



The next few pictures were taken in Mike and Anna's van. We were waiting in a huge line of cars waiting to get into the Thanksgiving Point Christmas Lights. We got bored so we took some random pictures. Aren't my nieces beautiful! This picture is of Mackenzie and Tailey.




This is Paige. Lucky girl, she got to sit by me the whole time! She loves me!



Here is Quiny and Tailey, and Mackenzie in the background.



Here is the whole back seat. They all squished in the back so Cindy and I could come. This is Quiny, Anna, Tailey, and Mackenzie.



Cindy and I went with the Newman's to Temple Square to see the lights. It was really, really cold that night. I have like 6 lays on and was still cold. This picture isn't the best of me but it a good one of Misty and Cindy.



This one is of the whole group. All the kids unanimously voted me their favorite aunt - sorry Cindy! :) Right before this picture was taken I ran into one of my best friends in high school, Tara Wood. She now lives in FL and was in SLC for Christmas. I have seen her in like 8 -9 years! It as so good to see her. I played basketball with her and had a lot of good memories with her. Hopefully next time we are both in SLC we can spend more time together.



This picture is of Misty and Brandon's kids - Tanner, Mckena, and Jake.



Every year at Christmas we get together with the Finlayson's for lunch. The Finlayson's are just an extended part of our family growing up. Jay was my second mom and Kim has always been like a sister to me. We were said that Katie and Phyllis couldn't make it.


The first day I was in SLC I went to Tailey's piano recital and she did a incredible job. She is really talented and she looked really beautiful in her dress.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

It was good seeing you over the holidays. Sounds like you had a fun couple of weeks with the fam.

(How is it that you are so much taller than Misty?? Your siblings all look exactly how I remember them :))

Dorothy & Tony said...

Your Holidays looked wonderful!!! It's always nice to be with your Family, especially around the holidays! I love the new pic of you and your Hubby. You look beautiful as always!

Heather said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas!! I love you!

AnnaBanana said...

Cathy! We had such a great time with you! When are you coming again?

Whenever it is, it will not be soon enough!

Fun pictures!!!!

JAY said...

I'm glad we all got together...It is so fun to spend that time together with u guys...I also love that picture of U & Tye on top...U both look Great....Love u alot your 2nd MOM Jay....I really miss those time's....since I don't see my Grandkids that much I have adopted some of the neighbor kids..We had a cute valentine party for them and there Mom's it was fun....But still missed my grandkids

kim said...

I love that picture of you and tyler! It is so beautiful. Thanks for lunch. We love seeing you all. I had the weirdest dream about you, Misty, Cindy and I. Did you get my birthday messages? Love ya! I am so blessed to have you in my life. I am so grateful for your family.