So this year for Christmas we were lucky enough to be able to go to SLC to visit family. We spent the first week up at the Gathering Place at Ty's parents place in Eden. All of Ty's siblings and families were able to come so we had the entire Hollist clan there this year. Rilynne was loving all the cousins and everyone there to entertain her. For some of them it was the first time seeing Rilynne in person because not all the cousins were able to make it out to the sealing.
After that we headed to WJ to spend some time with my family. Rilynne was showered with gifts and attention from all her aunties and cousins. Unfortunately, while we were at my parents house Rilynne got the stomach flu and croup. Poor little girl was super sick. Thank heavens for children's tylenol and the instacare.
Here is Rilynne at my sister's house on Christmas morning. She didn't sleep well (either did we) and so I think she was kind of tired and wasn't sure what was going on. She got too distracted by her previous gifts and everyone else unwrapping presents. By the end I think I unwrapped the last 2 gifts after breakfast. I do love the little face that she's making though.
Here's the family at Temple Square. We all went down to see my parents at the Conference Center where they volunteer to give tours once a week. They gave us a really great tour and then we headed out in the 9 degree weather to see the lights. Rilynne did have a nice warm hat but she wouldn't wear it. Then she started sucking it so it ended up all wet anyway. I had to throw that in there so no one thought I was a bad mom for not having a warm hat on my child in freezing temps.
Look at Rilynne's face - she loves the camera and will usually strike a big smile when you say "cheese"
Here's a nice pic of Ty and Rilynne. I just love the lights and Temple Square.
Look at those eyes and eyelashes!!
Here we are at Michelle's house again. Rilynne is making her "oh no" face. I just think that's the cutest thing ever! She even says "oh no" when she is making the face. Super cute!
Rilynne LOVES dogs. I am afraid we might have to break down and get a dog in a few years for her. All night she followed Jack around. I bet he was tired of being poked in the eyes . . . poor dog.
While we were in UT Rilynne got her first hair cut. My mom just evened out spots. She had a lot of hair when she was born but parts rubbed off and so she had some really long parts. I think she looks a lot better. She didn't like to sit still for grandma though. She had big crocodile tears while she got her hair cut.
The other main event while in UT was that we were able to see the Mathews. Lisa introduced us to Rilynne's birth mom when they lived in OR. Lisa and Kurt are Rilynne's great birth aunt and uncle. Marcus is her second cousin. It was so GOOD to see them. I love it when we are able to spend time with Rilynne's birth family. The Mathews are great friends and we will always be indebted to them for helping us with our adoption of our sweet little girl! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment