Saturday, August 2, 2008

Busy Weekend

Ty and I are heading to Hawaii soon so I have been busy trying to take care of things so that we don't miss anything while we're are on vacation. I'm exhausted. I am not sure why I do this - running around like a mad women trying to accomplish things that would normally take me 2 weeks to do and I try to cram everything into 1 weekend. Not sure if taking a vacations is worth it! Oh wait, I am going to Hawaii so I guess anything is worth it! Anyway, I work a normal 40 hour a week job but I also own by own bookkeeping business as well. I have 7 clients now and since it is month end I did all their books in 1 weekend! Friday I worked 14 hours! - UGH! My eyes hurt from starring at my computer all day (of course I am sitting here blogging starring at my computer which isn't helping). I am proud to say I have finished all but 1 client. Hopefully, I can enjoy my vacation instead of spending my time in the hotel on my laptop - sad to say I have done that before. Sometimes I feel like work is my life and I am getting tired of it. I am either stuck in a cube at Nike or in my at home office with a can of Diet Coke as my companion. I really need to pick up a hobby. Anyone have any suggestions?

5 comments:

kim said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Hawaii is so fun and beautiful. Take lots and lots of pictures. As for a hobby, I think you have one, blogging. Love ya. Have tons of fun.

Brooke said...

Hawaii is my favorite place on the planet! How fun! I am so jealous. What island are you going to? and is it just the two of you?

Kevin Kim Cade Ellie said...

Your comments made me remember more of our wonderful childhood memories of boating. Dang, we had some good times. Why can't we relive those times? Let's buy a house-boat together and go to Lake Powell. Are you guys in?

JAY said...

Ok your new hobby could be....Taking alot of pictures so when u get home u could BLOGGGGGGGGG forever....Also leave your Lap Top Home So u don't have to work...We will go thirds on the house boat K Have a great time on Vac Love Ya Jay

Brooke said...

Maui is fun. The Road to Hana is fun- there is a red sand beach at the end of it- behind the only convenience store. And if you stop at any 7-eleven before you go you can get a map or tape that tells you fun places to stop along the way (ie- "Mile__ there is a waterfall, mile __ there is a botanical garden, etc). If you like hiking ask a local for directions to the "swinging bridge" or you can hike around "IO National Park." Lahaina is an old fishing town and is fun to walk around in the evening, and if you like to snorkel there is a black sand/lava rock area that has sea turtles (if you stay on the highway from Lahiana, past Kihe, to where the road ends). Gorgeous island. Have fun! I'm jealous. Take lots of pictures!