Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memory of Mallory Parsons

Ty just got home from work with tears in his eyes telling me that one of my Young Women past away today. She was on a family vacation in Bear Lake and she drowned. She was 14 so she wasn't in my Laurel class so I didn't know her well but she was a very, very sweet girl. She was a girl everyone liked and liked to be around. She was a talented dancer and loved it! I feel horrible for her family. I can't image having to bury a child, your 14 year old child. How do you comfort someone how has just lost their child? I feel numb inside. It is a comfort to know that because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, who broke the band of death that Mallory lives on. The Lord has a perfect plan but sometimes it hard to understand and/or accept. I guess that's where faith comes into play. It really makes you appreciate the blessings in your life and makes you assess and take inventory of your life to eliminate the unneeded and unimportant things and really focus on what's important.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Parson's family. May the Lord bless you.

Here is the link to a story in Deseret News. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700243495,00.html

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is awful- and totally my worst nightmare. I don't know how people who don't have the gospel survive such tragedies. My prayers go out to her family.

karlin said...

That is so sad but seems so common these days. It makes me nervous boating with my children. You truly never know what the future holds but losing a child would be one of the HARDEST things ever.

Tiffany said...

I'm simultaneously so excited that you started a blog and so tremendously sad for this family of your YW. I cannot imagine the hurt they are feeling. God bless them.