Thursday, July 24, 2008

Missing the 24th of July

So I got a call from my Mom today wishing me a Happy 24th of July. The bad news was I was driving into work. I totally forgot about the holiday since I haven't lived in UT for over 4 years now. My Mom told me all the fun things they are planning and how everyone has work OFF. I am now sitting in my cube wishing I lived in UT so I can have today off! My employer gives no state holiday's.

I have made a list of things I would be doing today if I had the day off for this holiday



Eating watermelon

Preparing food the evenings BBQ

Laying out

Swimming

Boating

Sleeping in

Watching the parade

Going to a carnival or rodeo

Watching fireworks

Eating everything!

. . . . and NOT WORKING!



I need to convince mu husband to move back to the blessed state of UT so I can have an extra holiday off work. I hope all you Utahan's out there are having a great day off!

7 comments:

Heather McMullin said...

Ahhhhhh....who needs Utah!! You need to come move by me!!

Cathy said...

I wish. California would be a nice break from the rain! I wish we could afford it. The pics of the beach on your blog looks so so inviting!

JAY said...

I vote u move back also...LOVE YA JAY

karlin said...

I remember thinking the same thing when I moved away. Sorry you had to work.

Brooke said...

That added holiday is definately a plus! But it is also a little weird to try to explain to out-of-staters why we celebrate (My new neighbor just moved here from the midwest and was really confused by the whole idea of celebrating the pioneers coming in to the valley- she is not LDS).

Krista said...

I'm sorry you missed it, but if it makes you feel any better it was so hot it was almost unbearable to be outside!

Anonymous said...

I was so naive as a kid I thought everyone celebrated the 24th. Seriosly, what do other states do?
It's good to see you. I found your blog on the reunion site.