Tuesday, January 12, 2010

At the Hospital with Rilynne

Since Rilynne was born at 3:03 AM on Saturday we weren't there for her birth but we took the 6 AM flight from Portland to Devner. We didn't get to the hospital until noon, although we tried as hard as we could to get there ASAP. Once we got to hospital we went to the nursery and waited for the nurse to wheel in Rilynne's crib into the back room. Before she even got there Ty & I were sobbing. I can't tell you the feeling it is to meet your daughter for the first time after waiting for so long. We cried together for about 15 minutes after Rilynne was wheeled it. It was a perfect moment to the beginning of our family. My first thought of Rilynne was that she is beautiful and that she looked a lot like her birth mom. My second thought is I can't beleive she is ours. That she is my daughter and that we will be sealed for all time and eternity in the temple. My third thought was how much I love and respect her birth mom. Talk about a wonderful person, she is truly amazing!




I held Rilynne first for about 15 minutes and then Ty asked to hold her. It was hard to pass her over. Once I had her in my arms I never wanted to let her go. She was so perfect and had a head full of curly black hair. Her skin is the perfect olive color and she is one beauitful girl!



















We stayed at the hospital most of Saturday and Sunday morning and then were able to bring her back to our hotel Sunday afternoon. Our hotel is nice and we have a nice set up here but I can't wait to get her back home to Portland.



2 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you guys!!! I was tearing up just reading it. We need to talk on Skype so we can see Rilynne again. Congrats! We love you guys!!!

Brooke said...

She is beautiful!!! And lucky to have you and Ty. What an amazing experience. You are going to LOVE motherhood! :)